Updated July 2017. This family favorite comes from the book Superfoods by Pratt and Matthews, available here. Tastes great with vanilla yogurt or whipped cream. It’s basically pumpkin pie without the crust.
- ½ cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk (I also use heavy cream, or canned coconut milk for a dairy-free option)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 8x8 baking dish or glass pie dish.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend with immersion blender. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is slightly wiggly. Do not over bake. Let cool on wire rack. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
**For a Trim Healthy Mama (S) version, substitute erythritol for sugar in equal amounts, plus add a few doonks of stevia. Super Sweet and Gentle Sweet may also be used, but you will need to play around with the amounts. Be sure to use cream or canned coconut milk.