It’s a cloudy, cool day. But the weekend was gorgeous! It was like the summer we never had…
- Still haven’t fixed my Links page. It’s really driving me nuts. And it’s difficult to get help via WordPress, though I’ve gotten some. Still, it’s not fixed. I’m very frustrated over it.
- We are still getting about 8 eggs a day. With 12 layers, shorter days, and cooler weather, that’s not so bad.
- My stab at dehydrating jalapeno peppers didn’t pan out too well. I dried them forever and EVER, put them in a glass jar, and now (weeks later), there’s mold. Next year, I’ll cut them in half and remove the seeds first. Or just chop and freeze.
- All of the herbs that I had drying in my kitchen (basil, thyme, oregano, lemonbalm, mint) are now stored in quart-size mason jars in cupboards. They smell great, were super easy to dry, and taste so much fresher than anything I’ve ever bought at the store. I can’t believe I haven’t done this before. It’s so easy!
- Why isn’t anyone selling a decent double jogger stroller? I want to buy used, for both frugal and environmental reasons, but only the occasional double jogger pops up. And usually, it doesn’t look like it will withstand two boys for any length of time. I can’t imagine surviving daily trips to get the mail (1/2 mile round trip) with four children – including a baby and toddler – on our crazy rocky driveway without a decent jogger. And when we start having dairy animals someday (hopefully sooner than later), we’ll need a sturdy double jogger to keep the little boys from running all over creation while I milk.
- Everyone raves over the BOB joggers. My friend in Pittsburgh bought one, and she loved how you could steer it with one hand, even on crazy Pittsburgh sidewalks (which are sometimes not all that different from my driveway, if you can believe it). I also read good things about the Mountain Buggy Urban Double. Too bad both doubles would set me back $500 – 600 each, or more. Which is why I continue to hunt for used…
- I still need to get those birthday posts up for M and A. I think I put it off because I get all emotional, thinking about what I’m going to say, and I put it off.