I just harvested a bunch of basil from my mom’s garden and made Classic Pesto in a blender that is older than I. Slow? Yes. Tedious? Yeeeeees. Successful? Yes.
Worth it? Absolutely. I could barely keep myself from eating it by the spoonful.
Tonight, we will be feasting on:
- Whole wheat penne + pesto
- Tomatoes from the neighbor’s garden
- Yellow beans (like green beans, but yellow, don’t know the variety’s name) from the farmer’s market
- Korean melon (from the garden)
- Cucumber kimchi (all veggie ingredients harvested from the garden)
What fabulous, fresh, local foods are you eating right now?