Updated May 2017.
This is my new favorite quick meal. It’s faster, easier, and far tastier than pasta, or even grilled cheese! (Well, sometimes. And other times, you just need a grilled cheese. But I digress.)
- 2 cups dry couscous
- 4 cups water
- 1 can/2 cups prepared chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp scallions, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- Add garlic to water in a skillet; bring to a boil. Add couscous, remove from heat, and cover; let stand for five minutes or until the water is absorbed. (Alternatively, put couscous in heat proof dish, add garlic, and pour boiling water over; cover and let stand for five minutes.)
- Fold in chickpeas, parsley, and scallions.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in another bowl and pour over the couscous and chickpeas. Fold gently. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to serve.